sub header

Because I never want you to miss a day

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Exercise

I must confess I am the most mean Nonni on the planet. Let me tell you how mean I am! 

For disrespect/misbehavior/emotional manipulation D was threatened that he was going to lose his new toy as a consequence. He did not straighten up. Got worse in fact. I felt sad for him to lose his toy, when actually he was just really tired and exhausted so I decided to give him a choice: lose the toy or go to bed early without stories.

There were tears. Then he had to choose. 

Early bedtime. <mind you its 7:30 he normally goes to bed at 8> 

(Fast forward 30 min)
(I hear screaming) (I run in fearful he is hurt) 

Me: what's wrong are you hurt? Are you okay? 
D: (screams) Go away! 
Me: I want to make sure you weren't hurt and that you are okay. I see you're just sad, is there anything you need to say to me? 
D: (shouting) I just want to EXERCISE and you won't let me!! (Sobs)

God bless his tired heart!!