sub header

Because I never want you to miss a day

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Communication

D:I just wanted to tell you. It seems to me like you have a bad attitude about everything this morning. It's like out of nowhere. Why?
Me: well, earlier you started a fight about the shirt. You were making up things about why you didn't want to wear other shirts that you've never had a problem wearing before and I was standing my ground and letting you know by my tone that you shouldn't even go there with me. Were you intentionally being difficult about the shirt?
D: (nods)
Me: okay well then- team work, to the "Sucky Attitude Team!" (knuckle bumps) let's be done with that okay. I am really proud of you for loving me enough to tell me when you didn't like how I was acting and to get and explanation. That's communication and it's one of the most important things in relationships! Nice job kid!
Seriously y'all! Feeling like a win! This kid is something special! 7yo and more effective in communicating than many adults I know. (Singing Montell Jordan) This is how we do it!