sub header

Because I never want you to miss a day

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Gots a Feeeber

Crazy about 2 am, I was awoken to D screaming and crying hysterically.
When I went into his room, he was crying and saying "De ants is getting me, day all ober my bwanket"
When I turned on the lights, of course there were no ants, but I could see from his cheeks that he had a fever. When I touched him, he was a ball of fire.
He decided he wanted to switch beds, so we switched.
While I was going to get juice and a thermometer, I heard his screaming again and this time "Da wizerds is getting me, day ebrywhere" HYSTERICAL.
I turned the lights on, no lizards, he wanted to switch beds again, and we got all tucked back in.
His fever was 102.8, gave him some Motrin. I went back to bed, and not 10 minutes later, he was hysterical again.

After the 3rd episode of hysteria I decided it best to stay with him.  He was wide awake and terrified for a while, finally the Motrin kicked in and sleep came.

This was the first high fever he has had since living here.  It seemed to come out of nowhere since he hasn't had cold like symptoms since Monday. Weird.

We slept until 10:30am. 

He has been okay the rest of the day just running a low temp on and off--mostly off. 

Who knows if this is a sign of worse to come...or if that was it.

I am a little nervous about ants and lizards again LOL, poor kid was a wreck.